Saturday, January 8, 2011

Karma and the Recliner

When I was dating my husband and I went to his "bachelor pad" for the first time. Of course, I was a little nervous because I was going to his apartment for the first time. 
We walked in and I saw a very typical bachelor pad.  You  know, inherited living room furniture, including the orange floral sofa and a flaming orange "barco-lounger" recliner. ACK!! There were some other very nice things, including black lacquer bedroom furniture.  (Insert mood music here)  Bow chica.....
Still, hard to get that recliner out of my head!
Fast forward a few months after we were engaged and moved in together.  Guess what was the first item up for discussion in the "So, what should we get rid of" discussion??
Sorry, I have always hated recliners, they just have that RECLINER look to them.
Every few years, the topic of getting new furniture would come up and again my dear hubby would say, "Recliner?"
"NO!", I would reply ever so sweetly.  For those who know me, you know that is the truth.  For those who don't, please refer to the title of the blog.
Well, Ms. Karma has come to live with us this year and she brought a frickin' recliner.  Not just a regular recliner.  Oh no!  My happy butt has gotten so weak with my broken down hip and back that I can't maintain sitting in a regular chair now.  And I don't have the strength in my hips and back to close a regular recliner.  So not only did we have to get a RECLINER for Ms. Karma, we had to get the Bitch a Dual Power Leather recliner!

Hope you are happy and comfortable, Karma!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting how life works out. I love you sweetie. - Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know which I love more... you or the couch!! SMOOCH!!

    ReplyDelete